- My NPL
- What's Hot
- About NPL
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Interlibrary Loan?
Any book or item that comes from another library besides Newmarket Public Library is considered an interlibrary loan. Patrons must check the Newmarket Public Library catalogue first to determine if the item is available prior to making an interlibrary loan request to other libraries.
What is InterLoan?
InterLoan allows you to place a request yourself, from the library, work, school, home- anywhere, anytime at your convenience- through INFO the provincial interlibrary loan system to which Newmarket Public Library belongs.
How can I sign up?
Library customers must first possess a valid library card and have an Interlibrary Loan patron record created in the INFO system by our staff. To register by email contact email@example.com with your name and library card number, or contact the library by phone 905-953-5110 ext 4770 or in person.
How long does it take to fulfill a request?
This will vary depending on the availability of an item. Many requests are filled in as little as one week, but harder to find items could take up to six weeks or longer.
What if I don’t find what I am looking for?
Only searches within the INFO Ontario system are available. If you cannot find your title in INFO please contact the library’s Information Services Desk for further assistance.
How can I monitor the progress of my requests?
You can view the status of your request by looking at “MY REQUESTS” on the side-bar of the page to know when it has been processed, shipped and received. You can also observe if the request has been cancelled because the item is located in Newmarket Public Library or the policies of the lending library prohibit loan. If there is any problem with your request library staff will alert you. Please do not resubmit your request.
How will I be notified that my material is available.
Patron notification will take place by telephone or email once the item has been received at Newmarket Public Library.
How do I cancel a request or renew a borrowed item due date?
You can cancel a request by clicking on the “Cancel” link in INFO. Renewals may be available by contacting circulation by phone at 905-953-5110 ext. 4880 or in person at the library.
The official updated INFO Guide for Placing Your Own Interlibrary Loan Requets is available
Newmarket Public Library’s InterLoan
InterLoan is a service-focused initiative that facilitates patron control over their interlibrary loan account. InterLoan will reduce the amount of time it takes to request and receive an item. Customers will be able to: Search for Titles, Place Requests, View Request Status, Cancel Requests, and Manage Account Details. InterLoan gives customers the freedom to search and place requests immediately.
Once you’re sure that Newmarket Public Library does not have the item you’re looking for, you can request an interlibrary loan.
1. Users need to sign in with a User ID, password and Authentication Service, all supplied at the time of registering for the service. Go to the INFO system.
2. Select Sign In and enter your User ID (your NPL 14 digit library card number, no spaces) and password. You will be assigned a temporary password by library staff. Log-in to “Account Details” to change the password.
3. Choose Newmarket Public Library as your library location from the Authentication Service menu.
4. Select Standard or Advanced Search.
5. ALWAYS select SOLS Simcoe/York (Shared) as your initial search profile.
6. Enter keywords from the title, and/or author. No matches from the first profile? Select another profile and repeat the search in each available profile, moving through all the profiles if necessary.
7. Select Details to verify this is the item you want.
8. Select Get It! to place a request. Item details are automatically entered in the interlibrary loan form. Your Pickup Location will default to Newmarket Public Library.
9. Click Submit to send your request.
The INFO Media Interloan List is a guide of audio-visual material library lending policies for public libraries across the province.
For more information please contact the library’s Adult Services Information Desk at 905-953-5110 ext 4770.